Thursday, May 27, 2010

Welcome to My Week

I'm coming to you tonight from my room in the Lodge at the lovely General Butler State Park in Carrollton, KY.  I just had a tasty dinner at Taco Bell.  This TB is absolutely the best TB that I have ever been to.  The people who take your order and make your food are unbelievable friendly, and the food is terrific.  These folks know how to load a taco supreme and how to overload nachos.  Yum!  So much for my diet (as if I've been following it anyway).

I would have made a picture of my food for the blog tonight, but someone forgot to bring my camera.  Since I drove down here alone, that would be me.  Oh well.

What a week it's been.  I caught a rock in my car windshield.  It made a nice 7-inch crack that increased by about 2 more inches as I drove to work this morning.  The nice man from Ryan's All Glass came to my office and popped in a new windshield.  Thanks!

And I learned today for sure that I am a victim of identity fraud.  Warning:  I'm about to call someone a very bad name in capital letters.  Some ASSWIPE in Chicago got hold of my debit card number and helped him or herself to 2 pairs of Nikes ($164.00 total) and then had lunch on me at Subway ($18.77).  How this person could purchase these things without actually having my debit card to swipe is a mystery to me.  Nevertheless, this jerk yanked close to $200.00 out of my checking account.  I am not a happy camper.  I had to cancel my debit card.  The credit union put a block on my debit card number.  I have to wait until next week for a new debit card.  And then I get to fill out 3 forms (one for each fraudulent transaction) to dispute the transactions and, hopefully, get my money back.

I hope whoever absconded with my hard-earned money gets the worst case of crotch rot in recorded history and has to pee out the navel.

Wow, that was incredibly satisfying.

When I get back home on Sunday, I will be changing every sign-on ID and every password everywhere that I have.  I will also be setting up a new personal e-mail address and getting that out to my family and friends.  And from now on, I will not use my debit card for online purchases.  I will use just my one and only credit card.  At least it's not tied to my checking account and I'm only liable for the first $50.00.

A hard lesson to learn, but at least it was a $200.00 lesson instead of a $2000.00 one.

Be careful out there!

2 comments:

  1. It's not funny, but you make me laugh so hard. I considered driving up to C'ton to surprise you, but people taking mini retreats usually don't want guests. You were probably waited on at Taco Bell by someone who at least knew someone who knew me. If you decide to eat an actual meal, the restaurant at the Lodge has a great Sunday, make on demand, Brunch, or at least they did a couple of years ago. If you go there, look toward the back. That's where the private dining rooms are. Then imagine me at an anorexic 100 pounds, looking dyno in a suit and heels, greeting people and handing out packets for some meeting or another I was holding there. Also, the parking spot below the Butler Mansion was my hideaway from the office phone. Robin and I met each other (in person) near there. Come out of the park the back way, turn left, drive a ways, and there's a manual lock on the Kentucky River. The pretty grassy area there is where we got married. I could lead you to some more "colorful" places, but I think you're trying to improve your spirits, not find spirits. Enjoy! Relax. Downtown Madison is a nice historic little town. Just drive through town downriver 10 miles or so. Take a left, take a right. You can't miss the bridge. However, I recommend holding your breath as you drive over it. nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your blogs. I can have a bad day, turn on my computer, click on your site, start reading and my frown turns into a smile and I laugh so hard it brings tears to my eyes. So sorry to hear about your identify theft. Hopefully he or she will get caught. What I don't understand is how someone can use your debit card without the card, unless they are ordering online, but how did they get subway without the card? Hope you are enjoying your time at the Lodge and getting lots of rest and plenty of downtime. Have a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete